Meet The YouTube Stars Making $100,000 Plus Per Year http://bit.ly/avmIpe
It’s hard to make a decent living off YouTube but there are those who do it successfully and this list of 10 individuals making over $100,000 a year explains how they achieved it.
Here’s how they got their estimates:
- Revenue only comes from banner ads served near content (we ignored pre-roll or overlay since we can’t easily isolate by publisher).
- Since YouTube banner ads have a two-second load delay, we estimate 2.59% of viewers click away before an ad loads based on separate research.
- Ads were served near all videos that loaded (since there are partners, this is generally true).
- CPM for the banner ads was $1.50 (Google auctions a lot of this inventory off; we rounded thisÂ 2009 estimate down to be conversative).
- YouTube is splitting ad revenue with partners 50-50.