What exactly does HTML5 mean?http://bit.ly/cCM89x
Just like AJAX/Ajax before it, there’s a battle running over what, exactly HTML5 means. It means many things and this article at Ajaxian.com (would it be html5.com if it were started today?) explains in detail what all the different references mean, and what features are in each. Good read for anyone trying to better understand “HTML5”.
Going deeper, Iâ€™ve broken these down into separate areas:
- â€œHTML5 Strictâ€ – Things that are strictly inside the W3Câ€™s HTML5 spec.
- â€œReferenced by HTML5â€³ â€“ Things that are referenced by the HTML5 spec and which can optionally be parsed into the DOM and displayed.
- â€œBroken out of HTML5â€³ â€“ Things that used to be part of HTML5 or its older iterations, called Web Applications and Web Forms.
- â€œHTML5 Family of Technologiesâ€ â€“ Extended set of technologies not strictly part of HTML5 spec or referenced but likely to be used in conjunction with HTML5.
- â€œHTML5++â€ â€“ More experimental technologies pushing the web forward that are not part of the HTML5 spec at all; may or may not see broader adoption.